[Steppes] Off Topic....Christmas Concerts

Barbara W alysd38 at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 4 07:02:14 PST 2002

So many of you have asked me about the Christmas concerts, I thought it would be expedient to just go ahead and post on the list.  Sorry for the off-topic content.

Many of you know that I am in the Dallas Symphony Chorus, and that we are about to start our Chirstmas series.  Our first concert is on Thursday of next week, and they are all nearly sold out at this time.  You do, however, have the opportunity to hear the concert.

Open Rehearsal will be next Tuesday, Dec 10, at the Myerson Symphony Center in down-town Dallas.  The rehearsal begins at 7PM, but I recommend coming early, as it is always crowded.  Remember, this is free because it is a working rehearsal.  That means there may be starts and stops as the conductor refines the production.  Applause is to be withheld until the very end.

If you cannot attend the open rehearsal, you can STILL hear the concert.  On Friday, Dec 13th, it will be broadcast on chanel 5 starting at 8PM.  In addition to that, there are almost always a few seats available at the box office on the night of the preformance. If you wish to come to a performance (and there are 11 of them, Dec 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19, 20, 21, 22 (Matinee), 22 (all are evening except where noted) ) just come on down and see what is available.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Barbara/Alys