[Steppes] Rare books and paper show and sale

letebts at earthlink.net letebts at earthlink.net
Fri Apr 18 19:28:54 PDT 2003

Got word there's to be a rare books and paper show and sale at Freeway Hall
at Market Hall on Stemmons (I-35) in Dallas. <huge anticipatory grin>

Dates are April 26 and 27, 2003 and the times are Saturday from ten to six
and Sunday from ten to four.

Price is $5.00 for both days, $3.00 for Sunday only. Parking is free.

Everything shown is for sale, including pages and maps dating to the
Renaissance, some possibly before.

If you can't buy, you can at least look at original sources, even hold them
in your hands. It's a great experience you might want to try. I have. It's
awe-inspiring to know that something done by hand or early printing press
that some now-unknown person labored over has survived to be in your hands.
Humbling, too.

Makes you want to do your best at whatever you do because someone 400 years
later might stumble across it or even information about it/you, however
obscure you think you/your work may be.
Like commedienne Judy Teneda says in her gruff voice, "It could happen..."

Just trying to be a helpful SCA scribe...     :-)

Lete