[Steppes] Choice of dress styles

letebts at earthlink.net letebts at earthlink.net
Tue Apr 22 06:02:34 PDT 2003

[Disclaimer: Non-persona talk ensues. Lurker discretion is advised.  ;-)  ]

The glory of the most of the SCA members is that no one really criticises
another's garb unless it has been entered into competition. The freedom of
what and how to dress is at the discretion and story offered by the wearer.

There are no Authenticity Police loosed on the populace, but there are those
well-versed in the field who will willingly help those who ask for it. I
love being able to find experts in almost any field you can name and for
almost any century that is considered "period" and to be able to tap their
studies/training to help me in my own choices.

Even Eleanor of Aquitaine dressed her ladies as Amazons and they rode around
on horses while she was accompanying her first husband to and from the Holy
Land. I'm sure a few eyebrows were raised, but she was, you know, the Queen.
If a mundanely reigning Queen can have fun with non"proper" dress choices,
who am I to say anything about what people wear in a "Dream"?   ;-)

Vivat Steppes! Vivat Ansteorra! Vivat our vast Known World!

Elaine Crittenden/SCAka Lady Lete Bithespring