[Steppes] Steppes Artisan

Gerita hpockets at verizon.net
Sun Aug 3 16:10:03 PDT 2003

Greetings, all!

I, too, have to thank a number of people today for their hard work in helping keep our people hydrated:

First, the folk who dug through the storage locker and brought drink coolers, food coolers, tables, etc., as well as my beloved Waterbearer banner, lost since Warlord became Floodlord and things needed packing will-ye-nil-ye.  And then hauled it all back again in the wee hours.  I know not their names, but i can guess!

Second, young Stephen Chandler who arrived early and did everything i asked with dispatch and good humor.  Stephen even had smiles to share as we all baked and stewed out there in the heat. His father Lord Gregory was also a welcome sight!

Third, Lady Morgan who made it her business to keep the water cooler in the Hall full and available.

Fourth, a Lady who came and worked with Stephen and me for most of the morning.  My lady, forgive me for again forgetting your name!  But know that your assistance will Not be forgotten!

Fifth, the Rapier community of Ansteorra.  These fine gentles filled their flagons often from our coolers, not needing to be begged once to keep themselves hydrated, fed, and under shade.  Bless you all!

Sixth, the Archery community of Ansteorra, who complained only once - when the orange basket ran empty.  You are all in my heart. . .

Seventh, the captain of this ship, Lord Bre'nnain.  Yup, he was new at this, but his innate sense shone through and the event ran like clockwork.  I am proud to have served your event, sir.

And last, but never least, the Artisans who showed just how 'able' this community is, the cooks (ok, and Lord pet-de-cat) who fed us well, and our Baron and Baroness whose leadership and example encourages us all to such highs!

Ever in Service,
Gerita del Mare
late Waterbearer in Charge

Crossbows don't kill people.
Quarrels do.
All email from this address is vetted with the latest Virus Scanners.