[Steppes] virus warning

Kristin Schumacher kschumach at comcast.net
Wed Aug 20 12:27:18 PDT 2003

Greetings and sorry for any cross-posting,
I just wanted to let you know that Norton Anti-Virus just quarantined an
email with the W32.Dumaru at mm virus.  It had an attachment that was named
patch.exe.  According to Norton this is a particularly nasty virus that
destroys the programs it infects.  Since the email was quarantined, I'm
not sure who it was from so you may want to run a virus scan on your
system.  Luckily I was able to stop it from doing anything to my system
due to Norton.

in service,
Ly Annabel Kincaid