[Steppes] Fwd: Telemarketers dirty tricks

John de Irwynne lordirwynne at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 13 06:40:29 PDT 2003

 Snopes.com says it is true and that other advertisers
have done the same thing. I haven't seen it, but I am
signed up for the 'do not call' list. I am naturally
leery about free offers anyway.

http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/pending/callscam.asp

This is to all of you that signed up for the "do not
call" law.

This week I received a card in the mail that looked
alright-- It said "vote for your favorite cola - Pepsi
or Coke- and receive a complementary 12 pack." It
didn't look suspicious--but for some reason I kept
looking at it.

THEN I FOUND IT !!

At the bottom of the card there is a VERY small
statement. It is SO small it is hard to read--but here
is what it says:

"By completing this form, you agree that sponsors and
co-sponsors of this offer may telephone you , even if
your number is found on a do not call registry or
list. "

This REALLY upset me and I just wanted all my friends
to be aware of this way to get around the "do not
call" law !! Just think how many people will send this
in and their do not call registry will be NO GOOD !!

The company's name is MARKET SOLUTION.

Please send this to all your friends that signed up
for " do not call" . I think this is just one of what
we will get in the future--so READ EVERYTHING before
you SIGN AND SEND !! AND TELL YOUR FRIENDS ABOUT
IT!!!! PLEASE