Fw: [Steppes] Steppes fighter levy:

Lisa Duke arabella at elfsea.net
Wed Aug 13 12:19:52 PDT 2003

Arabella here,
I have first hand knowledge in the rock department.  Someone will correct me
if I have outdated information.

While I'd really do not want to rain on your parade, or destroy a very fun
idea of Battle at War, BIG rocks are a problem.  Rocks must be under 1 pound
in Weight.  That's where Big becomes a problem.  How do you make big rocks,
and keep it in the weight restriction.

I use toilet paper wrapped in duck tape.  2 rolls with the duck tape weighs
1 pound.  Mine usually come out squareish.  I've also made bricks by putting
them end to end.  These square and brick shape rocks don't fly well out of a
trebuchet.  I throw them from the towers while we are on the inside on the
castle.

I've also used the left over closed cell foam from the tips on combat arrows
wrapped in duck tape.  this makes a bigger rock and can be much rounder.

I've also heard of cloth scraps wrapped in duck tape but these must be
weighed as cloth has different weights.

Good luck with your rocks.

Subject: Re: Fw: [Steppes] Steppes fighter levy:

As much as I enjoy Combat Archery, if I ever do get to
Gulf, I want to be fling'in the BIG ROCKS during the
fort battle! There is always the Archer's Battle for
C/A. :)

Greylond