[Steppes] Apartment locating help needed

Lady Sunnifa sunnifa at housewhiteshark.org
Thu Aug 21 23:51:18 PDT 2003

The Trinity light rail, part of DART, has service to the airport via a bus
connection, I believe, in the South of the airport. The north of the
airport is definitely served by one of DART's express routes.
http://www.dart.com

There are several transit stations where one can get a bus to the train or
get on the red or blue or trinity lines, and of course one can take a bus
to the transit station. If the person looking for an apartment has web
access, send her to the DART site to look at their route maps. It pretty
much rules out her living anywhere but Dallas County for the most part,
though I think Trinity rail extends further. Or someone could get the
printed route maps from DART and mail them to her.

Irving might be a city to look at. I lived there, never found a place that
wouldn't take cats, and as I recall, there are several complexs that offer
their own gym room or are close to one that aren't too bad on rent. I have
no idea what her idea of 'moderate' is. My rents in the places I had
ranged from $450 to $650. She'll have to give a pet deposit, and from
other friends who have been apartment hunting, it seems more and more
places are trying to stipulate that you give them, for example $300 to
have a pet and they will give $100 back when you leave. So tell her to be
careful with the pet deposit terms. It's customary for the complex to keep
a small fee for carpet cleaning, such as $25-$30, but I'd balk at anything
more then that, especially with a -cat-.

Sunnifa
sans public transport in Lewisville