[Steppes] Candidate discussion on the list

kellie H kgsfa86 at swbell.net
Thu Aug 28 21:33:36 PDT 2003

Dear Karolus, and all,

The point is, we think it is best to avoid the potential for verbal duels on this list (and hurt feelings, and the consequential grudges, and so on) by expressing your support for one candidate or another online.
We hope that the candidates will provide the populace with their statements outlining their reasons for seeking the Crown's appointment.  To do so on the lists is a most efficient method of communicating their ideas.  We encourage the sharing of such information.   The applications of all candidates will also be read aloud at the Steppes Business Meeting on Sept. 2nd.  We encourage all to attend who are interested in the process.   If you don't feel you have enough information about a candidate, please contact them privately with your questions.   Remember, there will be a public Q&A session at Populace in September, and the candidates will be invited to share their statements before the polling that evening.
But to engage in debate on the lists regarding the superiority of one candidate over another is not appropriate.  Of course, there is no reason why the populace may not debate these things amongst themselves, in any private forum.  If you have commentary that you wish the Crown to take note of, send it to them at crown at ansteorra.org.  Neither Fritz and I, nor the seneschal, nor the Kingdom seneschal, need be copied on your personal commentary.   If you wish us to know your opinion, please correspond with us privately.
If you have questions that we can answer, pleae contact us by email or phone.

Sincerely,

Catrin
Lady Steppes