[Steppes] Archery Practice 12/7

Susan Hill sueorintx at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 6 06:59:34 PST 2003

Greetings to all archers, archer wannabes, and archery watchers.

The weather report for Sunday morning looks like fair weather going from
crisp to fairly comfy as the winds from the south come in and heat the air.
Perfect weather for Steppes archers...the wind is supposed to blow, so
scores should be high.

As your new archery marshall, I would like to encourage all archers to come
out and shoot. I know that I haven't met all of you, or don't know some of
you very well. I would like to get your ideas for what you would like to do
with practices and any other activities you would like to see.

For non-archers, I encourage you to come join us. Bring a chair and that
hand work project you are trying to get done and come share stories and
gossip. Steppes Archers have many tales to tell of valor and heroic deeds,
as well as funny stories of pranks and jokes done over the years. Dress
warmly and bring your own tales to regale us with.

For those who would like to scare some paper but haven't got their own
equipment, or havent picked up a bow in years...., come on out! There is
loaner gear available and plenty of advice and instruction available.

We will try to get a royal round in, but that will depend somewhat on what
everyone wants to do.

The location is the Eastfield College Archery range which is immediately
south of the tennis courts justnorth of Highway 30 at Motley Drive, in
Mesquite. I will be there by 10 a.m. and will be there until about 1:30.

A quick reminder....Bowyers and Fletchers will be at the home of Lord Iames
on Wednesday the 10th at 7:30.

I look forward to seeing lots of you tomorrow and the opportunity to serve
as your archery marshall for the next two years.

YIS,

Lady Linet Grey