[Steppes] Viruses, Alerts and Hoaxes! Oh MY!

alasdair alasdair at bmhanson.net
Thu Dec 11 14:05:19 PST 2003

This is a friendly reminder to all on the list.  Please be careful when passing along alerts of any kind.  I would say that the majority of the time it is either a hoax or something that everyone has heard about already.

Since some may not be aware or remember, I am going ahead and posting the list rules you should have received when you subscribed.

Alasdair
Deputy Steppes List Moderator

----------------------------------
Rules:
1) Please set your screen edit width to 80 characters to keep the digest as small as possible and not taking up more bandwidth than needed.
2) Please be careful not to quote too much of someone's message in your reply. It will bounce. Quote only that which is significant.
3) If you must argue something as insignificant as some one's attitude or use distasteful language take it to private email. This list is for announcements about the Steppes.
4) Do not post private emails to this list.
5) Do not cross post from another lists unless it is Steppes business or Steppes news. This is in consideration of digest users who cannot selectively delete messages.
6) No spams.
7) Do not send virus warnings or hoax warnings to this list.
8) Ignoring direct warnings about the above rules more than two times will cause removal from the list.

Other helpful hints:
Sign your emails.
Do not send attachments to the list, most will bounce.
You have a complaint about a user, email me.
The delete button is a wonderful thing.