[Steppes] Twelfth Night

ironwyrm at juno.com ironwyrm at juno.com
Wed Dec 31 14:31:45 PST 2003

Lady Linet,

We have discussed this issue many times
in the past and I agree with Jacques that
you should in no way consider yourself
the bad guy here.

While yes they are fun there is much
potential for abuse by the user's here.
And there is even historic precedence
quoted by Iron Angel Forge the main
retail manufacture of the little feast
crossbows on their web site:

"During the 15th C. in the courts of
Italy these very crossbows were banned
as courtiers were shooting nuts about
and injuring the ladies of the court.
Not wise when one could lose
their head for such Tom-foolery"

Hard objects such as nuts, carrots, &
candies may cause injuries, as well as
semifluid objects such as grapes, cheese,
olives, celery & such create accidents
when scattered about the hard floor.

We have recommended the use of only
marshmallows or baby marshmallows
in these devises for years, but it falls on
deaf ears as all sorts of other things seem
to always find their way as ammunition.

So I must agree with Hillary, maybe the
time has come to move this sort of activity
out of doors!

YIS,

Ironwyrm

On Wed, 31 Dec 2003 09:58:28 -0600 (GMT-06:00) jspinks at ix.netcom.com