[Steppes] money at gate

Michelle Hanson bmhanson at airmail.net
Tue Jun 10 10:01:32 PDT 2003

We did do money drops at both last year's Warlord and this year's
Warlord. I would not hesitate to say that it has been Warlords before as
well.

Speaking as the autocrat from last year and head of security for this
year - we did take into account the fact that a LOT of money comes
during Warlord at gate.

Doing drops is the only reasonable way to make sure that if something
unfortunate (yes not quite the right word but everyone already knows
what I mean) were to happen - the loss at gate would be minimal since we
would all rather lose 2-300 dollars than one of our own (or anyone
else's for that matter).

There is no easy answer and that is the problem.  Planning for the
what-ifs can only get us so far because there are about a million or so
of them and can't all be reasonably accounted for.  The best we can do
is the best we can do.

Maírghréad

Ohana. Ohana means family. Family means no one gets left behind or
forgotten.

The flower that blooms in adversity is the most rare and beautiful of
all.