[Steppes] Steppes Archery Practice 3/16

Jack Spinks jspinks at ix.netcom.com
Sun Mar 16 21:08:58 PST 2003

Ah there is nothing to fear here.  As Ulrich did note it shot very well in
my inexperienced hands and I must admit that I am curious as to how well it
will shoot once I get it to practice next weekend with all the final things
done to it.  He has done a fine job of construction for his first
crossobow..  I do seem to remember the one speed round where two of my three
bolts fired scored a 10 to Ulrich's 20 with 8 bolts- and I was standing
while he sat.  Plus all the trick shots I made ricocheting the arrow from
the ground into the target- all by plan of course ;-)
But as good as it did shoot- nothing replaces the feel of a 214 IKAC
shooting instinctive with a bow- only 16 points under Ulrich shooting with
his crossbow from the ground.   With my building of periold arrows to match
my horsebow I should be able to compete in all divisions soon- and the
horsebow shoots like a dream.

Jacques the Spink