[Steppes] sari shops and Tuesdays

Ciard49 at aol.com Ciard49 at aol.com
Thu May 1 08:53:17 PDT 2003

Greetings all,

Nuala and I went to 5 sari shops on Tuesday.

The first four were all closed on Tuesdays - so be aware. These included the
one at 183 and McArthur Blvd, and 3 other just off the corner of North
Central Express way (I-75) and W. Beltline Rd.

However a 5th one was open inside the shopping center at that same
intersection next to a large India grocery store. The owner said he was open
7 days a weeks.

I got a beautiful sari with choli section included for 25 dollars - marked
down from 56 dollars.  There were many for 15 dollars there too - as well as
more expensive ones.  Fabrics ranged from cotton to rayon to silk.

The Grocery store next door had lots of jewelry and Bindi (the dots for
married ladies foreheads) and some temporary tattoos for the back of the
hands, plus lots of stainless steel cooking and serving pieces Nuala said
would be great for camp cooking.

regards

Ciard