[Steppes] Archery Practice?

jspinks at ix.netcom.com jspinks at ix.netcom.com
Fri Oct 31 13:45:40 PST 2003

The bowsting twanged in the cool air, the arrow sped to its target 40 yds away and thunked into the gold.  The two archers went downrange to collect their arrows and record their scores.   Where are our Steppes Archers?  We are known for the quality of our shooting, yet few may be seen at practice- and they mostly of the marshallate.

It does not matter if you shoot or not.  A few weeks ago we had more spectators and conversation than we had shooters- and the stories that were told!!    Come on out and have a good time swapping stories under the shade trees or sitting in the morning sun or shooting arrows or discussing archery.

Loaner gear and instruction is available for those who wish it and most any archer will expound at length on the virtues of their particular bow or arrows  and will often let you shoot their equipment if you wish to check out the different types.

Archery practice will be held this Sunday from 10 am to 1 pm or so.  Come on out and enjoy the day with friends.

Jacque the Spink
Steppes Archery Marshall