[Steppes] FYI - Color copies

Crystal Lamb clamb at Advocacyinc.org
Wed Oct 29 07:35:57 PST 2003

Ciard:

Try this trick:

Next time, boldly step up to the Kinko's booth and ask for the Release
like you know what you're doing.  *Do not show any cockyness, or fear.*
Just act like you've done this before.

Caveat - the laws may have changed since I've done this last.  It's been
about three years.

Take the Release and your book to the counter to the left or right
angle.  Open up your Book of Kells, and flip to the page you want to
copy.  On the bottom of the page, you'll find lots of lines.  Write in
"educational purposes."  Heck:  write in the entire Bibliography if you
want to - and the page number.
Tell them you are a teacher.  You are, aren't you?  You teach lots of
scribes.

Hand it back to the person.  Say "I'd like 3 color copies, please."

Or....do like me.....turn around and go to the color copier with your
ruler and blow up the sections you want until it fits the original frame
you are going to do.  Or blow it up on the black and white and cut and
paste it until it fits the finished size of the piece you are going to
do.  Don't always rely on color.  Make one or two color for reference
and documentation, then blow the heck out of it on the black and white
printer.

Be sure, too, to take your blue and white grid paper and removable tape
with you to size it you.

~Wishing I was there.....

~Mistress Aslyn