Choosing a name was [Steppes] Newbie Question Ahead!

Chiara chiara at io.com
Thu Sep 11 10:17:28 PDT 2003

There are many stories in history about how a wife took up arms after the
loss of her husband in war and fought valiantly that come from that
region.

But this is my favorite, it is a bunch of shorts about female archers in
history written in 1839 so it has that Victorian bent to its relating of
history:
http://www.xs4all.nl/~marcelo/archery/library/books/book_of_archery/chapter03/chapter3.html

Hopefully that will give you a small start to do further research into the
charactes. It seems that most women warriors were wives and mothers driven
by circumstance to stand up and fight to protect what they have left. :)

Chiara