[Steppes] Persona Developement

Morgan Cain (Ansteorra) morgancain at earthlink.net
Sat Sep 13 05:39:32 PDT 2003

> > How much, if at all, di the clothing for a particular time period
> > influence your choice of name and persona?

I knew I had to be early period because I cannot sew, and figured a T-tunic
is the easiest thing to make.  (I even did one by hand in about an hour when
my boyfriend's gear got soaked at Pennsic one year, and he needed clothing
quickly because he was such a beanpole nobody else's would fit.)  So I was
limited geographically to the people who wear T-tunics.  I suppose if the
Japanese clan had existed back then in my area (they appeared a few years
later) I might have done that because kimono are equally easy to sew.

This did not affect my choice of name at all; once I found that Morgan
worked for women in my time period, I was happy.  The rest is an old family
name; I knew I wanted to use one of those if I could.

Now I have later period garb, but it's because people dress me, not because
I have figured out how to sew.  Back in Northshield, they treat me like a
dressmaker's doll.  *SIGH*

                                        ---= Morgan the 11th-Century one