[Steppes] Do ClothesMake the WOMAN?or Do Woman Make TheClothes Persona Developement

Leza M. rogueofdundee at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 13 11:28:41 PDT 2003

Interesting Question Catalina...A main reason I chose a Moorish Character and Costume, is that I started out entertaining at Renaissance Faires in Texas where the heat index can get to 100 plus degrees...The temperature in Southern Egypt and much of Africa is HOT LIKE TEXAS !!!!  Hee Haw ! Moors wear flowing Cotton Robes where as all my English Noble Peers are in HEAVY Velvets and Wools... I can wear silks and cottons and be soooooo much more cooler....PLUS during the Medieval period, Ethiopia heavily traded with India and Pakistan so you get similar
  GORGEOUS GORGEOUS clothes period correct, with LOTS more color in them.  Historically through trade and commerce you got a few brave privateers sailing back and forth from the Egyptian/Ethiopian East African areas,  sailing around South Africa and up the coast of East Africa, by the 14 and 1500's picking up  spices, rums, slaves  for Spanish and Portuguese conquests...Lots of African Kings became filthy Rich trading in these "commodities".....The clothes are Rich, and I enjoy educating my European friends that WE ALL influenced each other even in the 13th- 16th centuries....anyway OFF to be The 13th Warrioress with my Viking Friends at the Wooden Spoon in Plano..."Lo there do I see the Line of My people back to the beginning....Lo they do call to me and they bid me take my place among them In the Halls Of Valhalla where the brave will live forever."   Nzingha, The Moor Of Dundee   www.moorofdundee.com

Catalina Damiana Sanabria Rosado de Xerez <ladycatalina at hotmail.com> wrote:
How much, if at all, di the clothing for a particular time period influence
your choice of name and persona?

Azel Nzingha Makeda Hatshepsut, The Moor of Dundee,Bard 343 Of Bardic Realm Guilde,SCA Bardic-Barony Of Steppes, North Dallas OTTER,Drunken Dragon,ArmourAmazon Diva, Serpentine Fyre- http://www.rogueofdundee.com Ambassador For Ren Radio