[Steppes] Manly Largesse...

morgancain at earthlink.net morgancain at earthlink.net
Mon Sep 15 07:26:25 PDT 2003

Not being the guy-Morgan, here are some things I have found guys like to
receive:

1)  Manly soaps (especially once they learn that using them gets them
    better attention from the ladies! <g>).  Scents such as coffee and
    green tea and eucalyptus work well.  Nobbly bars are popular as
    are big square ones.  "Amber" soaps are considered fun, but I think
    that children like them better (you never know).

2)  Notebooks.

3)  Games.  A fold-up gameboard in a pouch with pieces and instructions
    works wonderfully, especially if you can have a game on each side.

4)  Pouches, especially felted wool or leather, with flap pouches more
    popular than drawstring.

5)  Drinking implements.

6)  Food.  Which can be hard to give as largesse, or to donate ahead
    of time.  Dried fruit and jerky can be prepared ahead.  Spiced
    nuts are iffy; depends upon the reliability of the storage.

7)  Massages.  Again, hard to put into a largesse basket.

8)  Origami paper.  Guys like to fiddle with their hands.  Include
    instructions for jumping frogs and water bombs.

9)  Coifs.

10)  Unguents to use on bruises.

That's all I can think of from the top of my head this morning.  Maybe the
guy Morgan has some better ideas.

                          ---= the little girl Morgan

"The male is a domestic animal which, if treated with firmness,
 can be trained to do most things."             ---= Jilly Cooper
"What is most beautiful in virile men is something feminine."
        ---= Susan Sontag (1933 - ), Against Interpretation, 1966