[Steppes] Off Topic: Serger Repair

Jhan Knebel rixende at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 4 05:57:45 PST 2003

Check with your local Hancock's to see if ABC Sews
picks up from their location. They do great work,
quickly. Usually you will have it back within 3 days,
tops. I think a general service is about $52. He
worked on my serger for me.

They used to do housecalls for that price....

One thing I will give you to try before you send it
off to be serviced, find out what kind of needles it
is supposed to take, and double check that you have
the correct ones.(Take it from someone that was trying
to use serger needles, when her serger is supposed to
use regular sewing needles)

Rixende

--- sunnifa at housewhiteshark.org wrote:
> Greetings, all...
>
> I have a Brother four-spool serger which has
> developed something of a
> problem. Despite being threaded correctly and
> adjusted correctly, it
> will not form a stitch. I have no idea who to take
> it to, and was
> wanting to know if anyone knew a good place in the
> area that is prepared
> to deal with sergers 'in-house'. This serger was
> purchased in 2001. I
> live in the Lewisville area.
>
> Sunnifa
> mka Stephanie

=====
Lady Rixende de Rouen
Minister of Arts and Sciences, Barony of Elfsea, Ansteorra
Quidam audet valde, facit valde
http://www.timelessbeads.com    rixende at timelessbeads.com