[Steppes] ConDFW Demo

Glen Wilkerson gdwilkerson at earthlink.net
Sat Feb 15 09:57:51 PST 2003

Regarding the demo at ConDFW on Saturday, Feb 22 at the Radisson Hotel in
Richardson:

I have been in contact with the lady in charge, we discussed the demo
location in (or around) the hotel and the exact time, but I have not heard
back from her since last week.  I am going to try to contact her Monday
morning and will post the final details as soon as I have them.  If one is
made available to us, we will be fighting in one of the larger panel rooms,
but if the weather is nice, there is a lawn behind the hotel next to the
swimming pool where we may set up.

This is only the second year for this con, and our first opportunity for a
demo.  I want to keep it as simple as possible this first time out - heavy
fighters, rapier fighters, and flyers to hand out.  If things work out well
and they like us enough to have us back, a table in the dealer's room and
arts and sciences displays can be discussed then - I just want to see out it
works out first.

When I attended this con last year I thought it would make a fine venue for
us as it is a straightforward literary con, the focus is on books, authors,
and artists - a nice change from comics and anime - and so instead up hordes
of teeny-boppers and teenagers the audience will be a bit more mature, and I
hope, a bit more receptive to our interpretation of history.

I will post the final details as soon as I have them.

Thank you,

Don Alaric