[Steppes] Wood?

Sluggy slugmusk at linuxlegend.com
Wed Feb 19 12:30:40 PST 2003

> Anyone know places to get woods such as: padauk,
> bloodwood, purpleheart, wenge, cocobolo, rosewood,
> bubingia, peroba rosa, hawaiian koa, black walnut, and
> teak. The biggest one i am interested in is the
> cocobolo. Would need the boards to be atleast 3" thick
> and roughly 36" long or longer. Am very interested in
> finding a source on these rare woods. Have found the
> more common types of wood at home depot and the like.
> but not these. Please email me privately

Unfortunately, I don't find your original message, so I don't have your
private email address, however, *some* of these woods can be found at
the Woodcraft shop. There are locations in most major cities, but
specifically, these are the ones in the metroplex:

Brookhaven Village Shopping Center
14380 Marsh Lane
Addison , TX 75001
(972) 241-0701

Fort Worth , TX
Ridgmar Market Center
6954 Green Oaks Road
Fort Worth , TX 76116
(817) 569-0777

They also have a fairly substantial online presence at
http://www.woodcraft.com

I have also found other online sources by searching for the type of wood
with Google or Yahoo. Found 4' x 10' x 4" slap of bubinga that way, but
I was about $4,000 short of funds to purchase it... :)

Hope this helps.

Sluggy!