[Steppes] playing persona

Lady Simone simone at elfsea.net
Thu Apr 24 12:02:06 PDT 2003

Greetings good Folk,

I am Simone a bard, an artisan, and counsler and advisor to many.

My origins are a humble one, I do not remeber much of my childhood before
being pulled from the Sea by my dear departed savior Senáin uí Dúnlaing who
took me as his own.save my name Simone. I was raised by Senain his wife
Affrena and thier two sons in a small village south west of Dublin were many
of the ui' Dunlaingh's live. Dublin was and is curently under control of the
Norse folk.

Under Senain's and his wifes care I learned much in the way of the gentle
arts, combative arts, my love of the bards way, they were good caring folk
in a time of termoil for my adoped people. For this adoptive land is now my
home though I travel abroad. As I grew older I began to understand more the
termoil in my land when Senain was killed in battle against the Noresmaen.
to the West King Brian Boru is in feirce battle with many of the Norse men.
My clan backs him whole heartedly
My brothers are with Brians forces. My sister Granya had taken up the sword
also to defend our home before she started her Journeys.

I am a Bard, a teacher, singer counsler, teller of poems and stories.  My
mother is a good woman and offten asked us to assit those at the abby
durring trubeling times. over the years assiting these good folks called
christians I have learned to read and write, leared of thier spiritual
belifes, and of other cultures around the world. From these good folk I have
discovered another talent that helps me ease my mind during these times.
That of Illumination. puting paint to paper to inhanse the text writen by
others. I am afraid my scribel skills will not amount to much more than that
of a child i do not have the hand for lettering. I do love to read though,
and have dicoverd that the skillof writing allows for me to preserve my own
thoughts  poems and songs as well as those I learn. which I find is a good
skill.

As a bard I travel and have found myself in many new lands,  I have found a
man that makes me happy who is from just south of my homeland, and we live
together in Ansteorra Far away from the fighting in Ireland. My sister
Granya has made her way here and still answers the call to battle when it
comes. Mother is also here under the care of the local healer. I do miss my
brothers. We have found a new clan here in this land of Anstorra called
Flacon Rose. The head of which has taken me in as kin an Daughter much as
Senain did so many years ago.  My Lord Seanan. my mother and my sister are
also part of this wayward group of fighters and artisans who gladly serve.
Here in this kingdom I have found peace, people of like mind and a place to
grow and learn. I have found yet another home here in the Barony of Elfsea,
my mother and sister reside in the Barony proper, I and my lord live in it's
southern canton of Dragonsfire Tor. It has been a long road to here and here
fate willing is were I will remain for I am Simone my adoped parents named
me Muirenn ingen Senáin uí Dúnlaing. yet I shall always be Simone a bard.

Lady (Simone) Muirenn ingen Senáin uí Dúnlaing