[Steppes] To the Steppes

Diane Rudin serena1570 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 24 15:46:30 PDT 2003

Lisa LeChatton wrote:

> I thought all of that changed under the Clinton administration.
> I know faxes are good enough legal signitures for my banks.

We were talking about SCA practice.  It is perfectly permissible under
the law for us to have more stringent requirements for proof of
permission to reprint.

I believe that the current problem with identity theft is a direct
result of the changes you mentioned.  If good, solid proofs were still
required, this would be less of a problem than it is now.

--Serena