[Steppes] Award Rec for Steppes Warlord

maceogan maceogan at hotmail.com
Sun May 4 17:47:13 PDT 2003

Greetings Miguel and Conal from Alasdair,

First, I would like to apologize, but we will not be having Midsummer's
Masque this year.  Logistically we could not find a site suitable or an
autocrat to run the event.

Next, while I do not know if I feel really right recommending these two
people since I am related to one and married to the other, but here goes
anyway.  I will put it out their for y'all to decide on.

First is Lady Mairghread inghean Brhídein (You and most of the world
know her as Margarite McBridin).  She as been in the Society for over 11
years now and worked her tail off through most of it.  She spent 3 years
as the Elfsea waterbearer and was in charge of every event they had.
She then moved to Lindenwood and has worked.  She has been autocrat for
several Yule Revels, at least 2 midsummer's, Border Wars.  That does not
go into what she has done for set up, gate, and all other necessary
jobs.  In addition she has worked hard for Steppes.  She has helped
tremendously at events.  Autoctrated Warlord, is head of security this
year.  She is currently Central Regional Chronicler, has helped me with
several offices including Central Regional Herald and Chirurgeon.  She
and the other "List Babes" (If you haven't heard of them yet ask Mahdi.)
have run lists for several events in the region.  In short she has
worked her little derriere off.  I feel she is definitely deserving of
at least a Sable Crane for her service to the Kingdom.  In all honesty I
feel she deserves becoming a member of the Order of the Star of Merit.
I feel she has done way more work for the kingdom than I have and I am a
member of that order.  Unfortunately I feel that because of her demeanor
and self deprecating attitude she has be VERY unjustly overlooked in
recognition.  I see what she does because I am close to her.  Anyway, I
can only point out her numerous contributions and leave it to you to
decide.

Next I would have you look at Lord David Falvy Falconer.  He has worked
for years in both Lindenwood and the Barony of the Steppes. He has spent
years giving service and working where and when he can.  Mainly for the
Steppes and Lindenwood, but he has not shirked doing anything he has
been asked that is within his physical capabilities.  The latest thing
he is doing is running gate at Steppes Warlord this year (as he did last
year).  He currently is tired and not as active as he was in the past,
but he still works.  I am recommending him for the Sable Crane of
Ansteorra.  To be honest, while I do believe he has done as much or more
than many people I know who have received this award, my first choice
would have been to put him in for an award in the Steppes.
Unfortunately I have done so in the past and nothing has come of it.
Since you know me, I am not going to beat around the bush with this.  I
feel that Fritz and Catrin have done him a grave injustice in not giving
him the recognition I feel he deserves.  Never once has he complained to
me, or stated he felt he deserved any recognition, but I see its absence
all the same.  Since I cannot seem to reach Fritz or Catrin on this
matter, I am taking my case to y'all.  All I can do is put forth my
recommendation and see if you agree with me or not.

Thanks for listening,
HL Alasdair MacEogan
Seneschal, Canton of Lindenwood