[Steppes] period chairs and tables at Target ...

Hrldsmn@aol.com Hrldsmn at aol.com
Wed May 7 06:45:18 PDT 2003

In a message dated 5/7/03 12:00:49 AM Central Daylight Time,
lygabrielerdb at hotmail.com writes:

> I was unable to find a chair like that one at Target, in their online store.
> Is it in the catalog? The only chair I saw has a canvas seat with a wood
> back.   http://www.smoke-fire.com/

It appears in the catalog I just received from them last week. It is catalog
#13 (2003-2004) and is listed as item CG-700 on page 55, at a price of
$79.00. The description says "Folding Campaign Chair- This Roman chair design
was used during the Medieval, Napoleonic, and Victorian times. Handmade
especially for Smoke and Fire by V.C.R. Co. from sturdy red oak. It is a
truly comfortable chair that folds down nearly flat. A high quality piece of
camp furniture as a very reasonable price." Shipping would be $8.00, so it
would still be a bit less than the Target version.

I have always found Smoke and Fire to be reliable in both the quality of
their merchandise and the accuracy of their catalog descriptions.

Edwin