[Steppes] Waterlord progression (was: Fwd: VooDoo Duck etc.)

Diane Rudin serena1570 at yahoo.com
Sun May 25 20:09:16 PDT 2003

Gabrielle asked:

> Has anyone tried to figure out mathematically to see if
> there is any pattern to the Waterlords?

3-5 years apart since we moved to Canton.  At 1991 Warlord, our first
at Canton, there was a lot of rain Friday night, but no flooding (as I
recall).  In 1994, we all crowded into the little building by the list
field while the storms raged--Waterlord I.  1999 was Waterlord II, and
was, as I recall, rather worse.  Now we have Waterlord III.  This is,
however, insufficient data to make future projections.  (But I had a
bad feeling about this as I typed up the history info for the gate
handout.)

I'm tempted to recommend "I Survived (but My Stuff Didn't)"
T-shirts--the lord, lady, child, and grice all up in the tree with
flood waters obscuring the bottom half of the "30".  :^)

However, the Warlord Tournament has never been rained out.

--Serena