[Steppes] Waterlord

Beth Hill txbeth at sbcglobal.net
Mon May 26 20:13:45 PDT 2003

Well, after reading everyone’s description of the weekend, I guess I’m glad
I couldn’t make it.  My sister’s tent is very small, and I definitely would
have gotten wet and with my luck, my poor little car would have been one of
the ones that leapt into the stream.

It was bad enough here.  We got over 3” of rain (no hail, luckily) and the
power went off at about 1:00 am and didn’t come back on until after 1:00
yesterday afternoon.  There are times when electric garage door openers are
NOT a good thing.

On the plus side, my bronchitis seems to be better.  I’m not coughing nearly
as much and slept almost 5 hours last night – yes, that IS an improvement!
Now if the medication would let me feel a little less wacky..

Now I’ve got a whole year to get ready for Warlord XXXI – a tent of my own,
a little stove and a teapot (!!) and proper garb (already starting list)

I hope everyone got back safely, all tents, accoutrements, vehicles and
small ones present and accounted for!  Look for me next year!!

Catarina