[Steppes] Waterlord progression (was: Fwd: VooDoo Duck etc.)

Jann Mays hlgabrielle at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 2 14:12:20 PDT 2003

Serena,

I love the shirt idea!!  Make sure there is a confused looking duck up in the tree as well.  The Bureau (VDDBI) is currently investigating the matter.  There may have been a spy amidst the ducks at Warlord.

Gabrielle (Sure wish Camp Burnett were big enough)

Diane Rudin <serena1570 at yahoo.com> wrote:
Gabrielle asked:

> Has anyone tried to figure out mathematically to see if
> there is any pattern to the Waterlords?

3-5 years apart since we moved to Canton. At 1991 Warlord, our first
at Canton, there was a lot of rain Friday night, but no flooding (as I
recall). In 1994, we all crowded into the little building by the list
field while the storms raged--Waterlord I. 1999 was Waterlord II, and
was, as I recall, rather worse. Now we have Waterlord III. This is,
however, insufficient data to make future projections. (But I had a
bad feeling about this as I typed up the history info for the gate
handout.)

I'm tempted to recommend "I Survived (but My Stuff Didn't)"
T-shirts--the lord, lady, child, and grice all up in the tree with
flood waters obscuring the bottom half of the "30". :^)

However, the Warlord Tournament has never been rained out.

--Serena

"Qui ne risque rien, n'a rien."

"Mieux vaut profiter tard,
Que jamais ne rien faire."