[Steppes] Re: Weather at Steppes

John Mays john_l_mays at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 3 10:44:21 PDT 2003

If you need AC for charging things, gas generators can be rented for a
weekend.   Or, maybe an enterprising group of teens would be willing to be
rented as rick-shaw drivers (I know the spelling is way off).  My point is
that adapting to the limits of a site is better than nixing a site due to a
problem of one group.  Water can be brought in, Horse traffic can be
limited, flush potties are a nice thing not a must have.   This is camping,
not a hotel.  If you must have specific amenities, try renting an RV or a
generator for the weekend for your family.

Please bear in mind part of the purpose of the SCA.  How can you even try to
re-create a primitave society if you have given up nothing in the process.

There are 2 rules for success:
1. Never tell all you know.