[Steppes] money at gate

Catherine Sims arianne_steppes at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 6 10:01:37 PDT 2003

Speaking as a former treasurer, there is something that should be mentioned here.  The ATM idea is a nice one, for the sake of getting the money deposited ASAP.  Unfortunately, the SCA rules do not allow branches to have an ATM card.  It's just too easy for one person to make unsanctioned withdrawals with an ATM card.  As embezzlements, or more politely, financial embarrassments, happen in more branches around the Known World, the chances of the ATM card becoming a useable tool for depositing gate moneybecome less and less.  An alternate plan that we used at Ansteorran Twentieth Year Celebration was to take the cash and purchase money orders.  There is a charge for this, of course, but it makes the gate money less immediately spendable if it fell into the wrong hands.

Arianne

chiara <chiara at io.com> wrote:
I do not know if it is standard, I will let others answer that.

But in a different organization our group did a bank drop every 4 hours.
With atm's readily available world wide we could map out where the ones for
our banks are nearby a site to do that. It is by far the safest of all
options. A car can be broken into and insurance may not cover cash. It could
break a shire for sure if that happened to them.

"The trouble with the rat race is that even if you win, you're still a rat." -- Lily Tomlin