[Steppes] heard from Aslyn

Karen Calhoun kmcalhou at garlandisd.net
Thu Jul 3 22:00:11 PDT 2003

Talked with Aslyn about 10 minutes ago.  She thanks everyone for their calls and prayers during this trying time.  The warehouse her family owns exploded about 5:30pm Thursday.  3 have died.

She is fine; Nick is fine.

Aslyn, oddly enough was compelled to run an errand at the time of the warehouse explosion.  She hurried back and has been dealing with ATF, police and reporters since then.

It is my sad duty to tell her SCA family that her father was killed in the explosion.  Her family is taking it very hard.  Reporters etc aren't making it any easier but their church is supporting them and keeping things as calm as possible.

Aslyn asked me to pass on that, at this time, she and her family appreciate our prayers and kind thoughts.  Due to the media etc, she has requested that we remain here; when she needs us she will call.

She is with her family now and will be calling and sending updates when she can.  Again, please send your prayers and thoughts in her family's direction as they deal with their loss.

Katya