[Steppes] Armor Leather

Patrick Cuccurello pcuccurello at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 7 13:57:30 PDT 2003

If anyone is interested, Paul's Saddle Shop in Royce City is selling full
sides of 13-15oz leather for $75.00.  This is the best price that I have
found in the Metroplex.  He is east of Rockwall on Highway 276 on the way to
Quinlan/Lake Tawakoni.  If anyone is interested but does not wish to endure
the trip out to the country, let me know and we will make some arrangements.
   He also has lower weights of leather for sale but the prices tend to go
up as the sides get lighter (go figure).  His prices are always better than
Leather Factor.  Leather, like eggs and milk, are cheaper out in the country
<<grin>>.

A side is a really good size chuck of leather (think of the side of a cow).
Two are three people could probably get everything they need out of one side
unless you are making all your armor out of leather and making a full
harness.

If anyone does head out that way, tell him you know Ronnie and Pat.  He's a
great guy and his shop has a great deal of interesting stuff.  Especially if
you are into leather.........hmmmm.....I wonder if Aslyn knows about this
place?  <<ducking>>

Pet.