[Steppes] Borrowing 14th Century garb

Morgan Cain (Ansteorra) morgancain at earthlink.net
Thu Aug 7 20:55:34 PDT 2003

Hi, y'all.  I probably should have asked about this before tonight's Clothiers/Newcomers meeting, but here goes - Does anybody have two circa-1311 C.E. costumes I can borrow?

Specific year is MUCH less important than that they look early 14th-Century, or at least reasonably medieval.  One male, one female.  Size doesn't matter; they will NOT be worn by humans, and we can make the armature to fit.  One is supposed to be a boy-king of an Eastern European country and the other a Spanish Infanta whom he marries, but as I said we're not picky about size (within reason) or country.  However, they cannot match.

If you're willing to loan outfits, please email me at morgancain at earthlink.net

                                        ---= Little Morgan

PS:  Thanks for help on the set-building; you know who you are!  The next session will be next Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday; email me if you're interested and I'll pass it along to the tech director, as I plan to be at Pennsic by then......  Because someone asked, I will say that this is NOT paid work, but you meet cool people, sometimes get pizza, and will earn comp ticket to the show.

"Man's mind, once stretched by a new idea,
 never regains its original dimensions."
                                 ---= Oliver Wendell Holmes
"....look on every exit as being an entrance somewhere else."
        ---= Tom Stoppard, "Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead" (1967)