[Steppes] Virus making the rounds

Chiara chiara at io.com
Wed Aug 20 09:17:29 PDT 2003

Actually, the flavor of this one is rather bad. It is a spoofer. It
started two nights ago and is still going strong. It is originating in
China and it is spoofing specific ISP's. Unfortunately mine is one of
them.

It does not mean that I am infected or that my ISP is infected. It means
that they have taken the ending of many internet companies and attached it
to mail addresses and sent the thing out. AOL and ansteorra.org are also
being abused in this manner. Again, we are not infected, just being
abused.

However it does not hurt to be covered and covered we are. :)

Chiara