[Steppes] OT: hunting a salvage yard..

mikaelc mikaelc at airmail.net
Mon Oct 6 14:39:34 PDT 2003

If you drive into Terrell on Highway 80, just as you reach the city
limits, there is a construction salvage yard on the north side of the
road. (NOTE: This is the Hwy 80 that runs through the middle of Terrell,
not the old I-20 which scoots around the south side of the town.)

There is also one off Regal Row in Dallas, near Highway 183 (though I'm
not sure of it's north or south of 183).

There are some scrap metal dealers on South Lamar street around where it
intersects with I-45, who sell as well as buy.

If you're north of Fort Worth, there's a for-real scrap yard in Boyd,
Texas, on Hwy 114. Mostly industrial stuff, they also have electric
motors, paints and solvents, electrical parts, etc in their warehouse,
with large chunks of machinery and metal behind the building (and spread
over about 15 acres).

Mikael