[Steppes] Illuminated manuscripts at the Kimball

Betsy Marshall betsy at softwareinnovation.com
Sun Oct 12 04:17:00 PDT 2003

We went to the preview Saturday night
(snacks and booze with the literati- la de dah!)
the display was open (paid admission) during
the day (or it might have been members only?)
but was really impressive- bring a magnifying
glass if you have one that can work about 6" above
the object, (I believe the museum had a few to loan)
and don't forget those sketchbooks!
The sign says no photography, but nothing about pens and paper.
(Daniel said to me there was also no sketching,
but that was on the website, not the walls at
the museum, and none of the guards seemed to
care, as long as I didn't lean on the cases...)
if any scribes are on a budget you might want to skip the museum shop-
there was a whole section devoted to illumination collected works....
the exhibit catalog is only $25 tho...
ever helpful Pyro!