[Steppes] Wordfame

Morgan Cain morgancain at earthlink.net
Sat Oct 25 14:19:57 PDT 2003

I want to tell of the assistance I had with the lunch at Fall Court.

First, because she helped me in advance, was Nzingha, who spent many hours
at my house on Friday.  Although she had never made pies before, she fell to
with a will (and a large, sharp knife), peeling and chopping fruit for the
filling and rolling crusts.  One of the fruit pies served at lunch was the
very first pie she had ever made!  Nzingha also helped me to scrub, rinse,
and bleach two of the Warlord coolers so that I could use them to transport
the food to site.

Second and third are Alina and Ingwulf.  Alina contacted me in advance to
offer assistance and appeared as soon as I arrived on site.  It was she who
constructed the salads and did a number of other serving-type items, making
sure all was arranged, and it was in her capable hands that I left the extra
food for service at the potluck.  Ingwulf was our "big strong young man,"
opening things, helping with the salads, and generally doing whatever he
could.  I commend him also for voluntarily washing his hands before he
touched the food, because he told us that he had been petting dogs and would
not touch the food until he had washed.

Thanks also to Lady Francesca, who sliced a lot of bread and pounds of
cheese.  And HL Esther, who let me "do lunch."

                               ---= little cooking Morgan

PS:  Enough people asked for the meat pie recipe, I will try to figure out
how to explain it and post to the list.

"Hell, there are no rules here -- we're trying to accomplish something."
                                    ---= Thomas A. Edison
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality."
                      ---= Jules de Gaultier
"I am not in this world to live up to other people's expectations,
  nor do I feel that the world must live up to mine."
                           ---= Fritz Perls
"....look on every exit as being an entrance somewhere else."
        ---= Tom Stoppard, "Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead" (1967)