[Steppes] Unavailable 11/5-11/11; corrections to Nov. SteppesLetter

G. Major ginger.major at verizon.net
Mon Nov 3 11:17:16 PST 2003

I will be out of town, and out of commission, for the next week. I am having
the rest of my upper teeth removed, and getting my upper denture fitted. I
will NOT have access to the lists. If you need to reach me immediately,
please call my cell phone at 940-733-5557. It's going to be difficult to
understand me for a few days, so be prepared for that if you call.

I will be at Business Meeting tomorrow evening, but since my extractions are
scheduled for 7 in the morning on Wednesday, 2 hours away, I cannot stay
after the close of the meeting. I will be at La Madeleine by 6:15 and
available if anyone needs to corner me. Otherwise please email to the
temporary address below.

If you need to reach me, please email ravenmajor4 at aol.com. Please continue
to send anything you need included in the SteppesLetter to
ginger.major at verizon.net so it will be sorted into the correct folder when I
return.

I have recently found out that some files have been sent that were quite
large; they were dumped at my email server and it's possible other emails
were as well. Please send large files in zip format or as .JPG (smaller file
size then .BMP), and let me know ahead of time if you are sending them so
that I can get them off the server before they get "eaten". I am working on
getting a new email account for files that is not limited so greatly on the
size I can receive/store on the server.

I have noted several omissions/corrections that need to be addressed for the
November issue of the SteppesLetter. Part of it is in the formatting going
from a Publisher file to one that prints at Kinko's - this *has* been
corrected so if you notice a name missing after a closing, or contact info
cut short, this is why, and it should not occur again.

Other information that was missing or incorrect:
The Monday Northern European Dance class held at 7pm at North Lake
Highland's Recreation Center was ommitted.
In the contact listings, you will notice a "K" on the address lines - this
was meant to be a graphic that did not translate correctly - simply omit it
from the address.
The maps did not render correctly and are not easily readable. This will be
corrected in the December issue.

Due to the Thanksgiving holiday, the deadline for reports and submissions
this month will be November 24th. I will send out a reminder on the 21st.

Please let me know if any practices, guild meetings, etc are cancelled due
to a holiday or other circumstances so I can ensure this information is
correct. All cancellations will be confirmed with Guild leaders, etc.,
before printing. Please include the length of the hiatus (if known) so it is
only taken off of those particular dates.