[Steppes] 12th Night

Diane Rudin serena1570 at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 2 10:37:50 PST 2003

--- Catalina Damiana Sanabria Rosado de Xerez <ladycatalina at hotmail.com> wrote:

> What are the themes for the costume contests and the table decorating
> contests?

The "traditional" costume & table decorating contests for Steppes Twelfth Night
are:

best early-period male clothing
best early-period female clothing
best late-period male clothing
best late-period female clothing

best-decorated table

"Early" and "late" are fuzzy terms, the application of which alters slightly
from year to year.  In general, if it requires tailoring skills, it's "late".

To the best of my knowledge, there is no "theme" for Twelfth Night this year.
If there were, there might be an additional category of "best theme costume".

There used to be a "best subtlety" competition as well, but that seems to have
gone the way of the passenger pigeon.

--Serena

Disclaimer:  Please note that my response is based solely on attending the last
15 Steppes Twelfth Night events (and stewarding one of them), and is in no way
an official response from anyone associated with this year's event staff.