[Steppes] archery practice

Susan Hill sueorintx at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 21 18:41:50 PST 2003

Good gentles of the Steppes,

The wind blew fiercely but the sun spread it's warmth on us as we stood on
the line today. Eight there were of us, all battling the fickle breeze in
order to master our skills for the glory of our Barony and Ansteorra.

The challenge was out between Lords Jacques the Spink and Owen Hell....who
was the top dog on the field? Last week it was Jacques who topped the
dog-pile with Owen whimpering on the bottom. This week the wind made it
difficult for both to reach their usual scores, but there was one archer who
was clearly the leader of the pack.....Lughaidh MacSheonin left both of them
chaising their tails as they tussled like pups over a toy.

Should the weather gods smile upon us we will be out again next Sunday. Who
will be top dog, the alpha, to the other's omega. Come on out next week and
find out.

YIS,

Linet