[Steppes] Archery Away scores for AAA

Susan Hill sueorintx at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 6 10:16:12 PDT 2004

Good Gentles of the Steppes, I bring you greetings, and for the Archers of
our fair Barony, glad tidings.

The Royal Round scores for AAA have been submitted and while doing so, I
asked the Keeper of the Royal Rounds to confirm or deny a rumor that I had
been told, that Steppes archers would not be getting 'away' scores because
of the event being in our territory. Below you will find the applicable
excerpt of that email and the rapid and gracious response from the Keeper.

I have been asked by several people if this was an 'away' score for
>everyone. I have not heard anything conclusive, but I heard a rumor that
>Steppes archers were not being allowed Away scores here. I know several
>people from the Steppes who came out to Canton specifically to shoot an
away
>shoot, thinking that it would be. As Arcus Ironwyrm and I are both from
the
>Steppes, I put Steppes on the forms as sponsoring branch because I HAD to
>put something in the space on the form in order to submit. To my
knowledge,
>the Barony of the Steppes did NOT sponsor the event in any way. There was
>equipment borrowed from various places. The site is used by many different
>groups (Steppes, Elfsea, Rosenfeld, Loch Ruadh, at the least) I really
dont
>think that Steppes archers should be penalized and not given 'away'
scores.
>With the price of gas being what it is these days, not many of us are
>travelling very far and that may be the only opportunity that many get for
>an 'away' score this year.

Linet,

Well it appears that I already have an answer for you. I was able to catch
Eadric before he departed for the event. We decided to count the AAA scores
as an away shoot for everyone. I also spoke with him about the submissions
webpage. It was designed with those running lower end pc's in mind. At the
moment it fills up the page of those running lower end resolutions, and if
he makes it larger then the page will be too large for their screens. I hope
this helps.

Sincerely,
Carluccio

I know that there some people who made the trip out to Canton specifically
to get an away score on Sunday morning. I hope that this helps!!! I was
prepared to make a formal protest to the Earl Marshall and the Crown if need
be on this subject. I am glad that I did not have to.

Yours in Service to The Steppes and Ansteorra

Lady Linet Grey

Archery Marshal of the Steppes

P.S. A reminder....no practice this Sunday!