[Steppes] Royal Huntsman

Susan Hill sueorintx at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 7 20:08:52 PDT 2004

My friends,

I have seen many archery shoots these past two years, but today I was
privileged to see the finest of the finest that Ansteorra has, compete to
win the title of Royal Huntsman. Steppes has no small interest in this
competion and this title, having had Steppes Archers win the title six out
of ten times, I believe, since the title was first created.

The competition was stiff and the shoot most challenging and entertaining.
When the smoke cleared, Arcus Jaque the Spink stood head and shoulders above
the rest, claiming the title for his own. Yet another Huntsman is waiting in
the wings, however. Keep your eyes on Lord Alvin du Clairmont, my friends.
Last winter he was narrowly beaten by Arcus Ironwyrm, and this day he made
it to the semi finals. As he has been shooting for less than a year, this is
no small feat in and of itself, but he WILL be the Royal Huntsman in the not
too distant future, mark my words.

We, who spent the day on the archery field had the privilege of watching His
Majesty shoot with the archers for some of the rounds. He is a fine archer
in his own right and it was a joy to watch his prowess with a bow.

A reminder that there is no archery practice Sunday morning, tomorrow. I'm
pooped and taking a day off.

In service to Steppes and Ansteorra,

Lady Linet Grey
Archery Marshal