[Steppes] Newbie Archery Question

HARKINS shark75080 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Aug 19 07:52:02 PDT 2004

I have just joined the SCA and have not yet been to a
meeting, but, hehe...

My father had an English long bow that he got as a
boy. It came from Europe, I don't know where in
Europe, however. About 20 years ago, I used it for
target practice, but the string broke and at that time
we had no idea how to replace it. My Dad passed away 2
years ago, but the bow is still at my mother's house.

Are there folks here in Steppes that would be able to
look at this bow and tell me if it is usable, and
whether or not it is possible to make a string for it?
The only thing I remember is that it pulled either to
the left or the right a bit. Unfortunately, it has
been sitting on one end for quite a while and has
received no care at all so it may be just a relic at
this point.

If there is someone who could look at it, please send
me an email: shark75080 at sbcglobal.net.

Thanks,
Susan