[Steppes] FYI car trouble

Ciard49 at aol.com Ciard49 at aol.com
Mon Aug 23 06:21:24 PDT 2004

Greetings Good Gentles of the Steppes,

I offer some info for us poor ignorant folks who don't know much about cars.

Saturday as I was returning from Glaslyn's Artisan of the Flame I had the
tread come off one of the back tires on my Ford Escort wagon.
.
By the grace of God it happened at a very wide spot in the road so I was able
to safely get on the inside shoulder of the road just south of Denton before
the lake. The motor died as I was pulling over.

After getting the donut spare out, the car refused to start. I had to call a
tow truck to get home. Thank God for AAA and their 100 mile free towing
service.

Here is what I learned -- even a minor collision (like my "road gator"
hitting the underside of the car) caused the fuel pump to shut off as a safety
feature. A friend told me to look in the owner's manual and find out how to reset
the pump through a panel in the rear of the car.

Now the car starts right up with no problem.

I want to thank Vinnie and Nuala for stopping and staying with me till the
tow truck arrived and for Nuala taking the donut spare to get it pumped up and
Vinnie attempting to change the tire.

Ciard