[Steppes] A List

Gerita/Carolle Cox hpockets at verizon.net
Sun Aug 29 09:03:55 PDT 2004

For those that are unsure of what items we need for our adopted unit of
soldiers, here is the list again.  I plan to take photos of any Steppes
subject I find in garb, so please be ready!

Beanie Babies (they can give these to the children, which helps them
make allies)Breakfast-type foods and drinks are the most needed.

Beefaroni, ravioli, spaghetti & meatballs, etc

Beef Jerky Candy, gum, trail mix, etc.

Fruit, in the small flip top cans. (Put zip-top cans in a plastic bag!)

Cereal bars, granola bars, Special-K bars, etc.

Coffee, instant and regular, and filters.

Coffee cups. (metal, camping types are good.)

Coffee makers, hot plates.

Canned nuts.

Canned chips, like the potato sticks or the small canned Pringles,
Doritos, etc.

Decent can openers

Powdered drinks, pre-sweetened, Kool-Aid, Gatorade, etc.

Snacks, brownies,Lil Debbie, snack cakes, etc, nothing with icing that
will melt.

Soups, chunky, chicken, beef, etc.

Tuna, canned and packs.

Antibacterial wipes - lots of these!

Anti-fungal for their feet - athletes foot creme, foot powder - no
aerosol bottles.

Band Aids, cough lozenges, small packs of Kleenex, shower-to-shower
powder.

Combs, paper, pens, envelopes, lip balm, eye drops, q-tips, nail
clippers.

Eye drops - the cleaning kind - because of all the sand storms...(Put in
plastic bag!)

Female necessities

Flip flops - shower shoes - so they can air their feet out when they get
a break. NO Flea Collars!!

Small containers of Tylenol, Motrin, etc.

Small tubes of toothpaste and toothbrushes, deodorant, soap, shampoo.

Sunscreen

Comics and paperback books, crossword puzzle books.

DVDs & CDs.

Game Boys, the ones your kids don't use anymore, and the games
Magazines.

Sports stuff (baseballs, footballs, old gloves, frisbees...)

Batteries, alkaline - Mostly AA-size, but some AAA

Batteries, rechargeable, and chargers - Mostly AA-size, but some AAA
also.

Avon Skin-So-Soft Bug Guard, available here for 1/2 off sale.

DEET insect spray.

Disposable cameras.

Electrical items; Transformers, dual voltage appliances, plug adapters,
etc

Fans. All kinds. Especially small, hand-held battery types. The kind
with sprayers are great.

Flashlights - small, black or dark green, AA battery. Headlights (small
flashlights worn on a helmit).

Maglite (flashlight) bulbs.

Music CD's. (Have a portable player you don't use anymore?)

Pens, paper, envelopes. (NO stamps! They get free mail.)

Phone Cards

Pillows,small or inflatable, self-inflating camping air mattress.

SpaceR "All Weather" blankets. (Find the ones with olive drab, tan or
camo on one side.)

SpaceR "Emergency" blankets. (These are much smaller, easy to keep.)

The Oxford Picture Dictionary: English/Arabic

Money will be also needed to ship the package. For example, a 25 lb
package will cost around $70.00 to ship.

We will also want to include cards, pictures or letters with our
package. So, when you give, please also write at least a quick note to
them. I would also like to print out some pictures of us off of the net
and pass them around so we all can sign them. Does anyone have a good
picture of our Baron and Baroness that we can add to the mix?