[Steppes] I regret that I must be absent

D. Vandever hlannes at ev1.net
Sun Aug 1 10:51:42 PDT 2004

Unto T.E. Mahdi and Valeria, Baron and Baroness of the Steppes, and unto the
most gracious populace of the Barony, does Your Titled Bard, H.L. Annes
Clotilde von Bamburg, send her warmest greetings!

It is with a sad heart that I am reminded by the missives on this list, that
your next event of Steppes Artisan fast approaches.

It is my shame that I have never been in attendence to this yearly event. It
is to my deeper shame that I must now state that I cannot be there this year
either. There is a conflicting meeting with another organization that I am
deeply involved with, and it just today came to my attention that the dates
are at the same time. My obligation to attend this meeting is paramount and
was confirmed many months prior to Thier Excellencies naming me the Barony's
Bard.

I must regretfully ask that you forgive me and my certain absence from your
company. It further saddens me for I will be unable to be inspired to poem
or song by the events of the day thus adding to the glory that is the
Steppes.

Additional saddness weights me down in that I will have to wait to present
to Their Excellencies and the populace a new bardic piece I have written in
praise of the Steppes. Nor will I have the opportunity to present the
requested poem that H.E. Mahdi asked I write and have done so. True, I have
presented this piece already in several venues, but it delights me so to
give it that I am saddened by the loss of opportunity.

I humbly beg your understanding and I hope I have not lost the love with
which you hold me in your thoughts. To this end, I remain...
In Service to The Steppes...
Your Titled Bard,
H.L. Annes Clotilde von Bamburg
Dear God,  Help me to be the person