[Steppes] Archery Practice 08/22

Susan Hill sueorintx at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 22 17:24:48 PDT 2004

Gentle and not so gentle persons of the Steppes ;)

What a glorious day it was on the Archery field today. We had 9 archers and
11 spectators this day. HL Katya learned how to run and score an IKAC today.
Way to go Katya!

After the official practice we had a guildmeeting for Bowyers and Fletchers.
There were 10 in attendance for that. As we had not had a meeting for
sometime and there were lots of new flaces, there was a lot of business to
attend to. For the time being, until the weather gets inclimate, we will be
having meetings on Sundays after practices. Every Sunday we will meet
briefly to discuss any needs we may have and decide on whether to have a
full blown meeting and work day the next week. That is my understanding of
what was decided. If I am incorrect in this, will one of the others present
please fix my error.

Last season's IKAC and IKCAC medals were given to those who were present who
had earned them. These are awarded to those who have the three highest
scores submitted within our Kingdom. Steppes had a large number of people
who had gotten them. Wil Ironwyrm, Jaque the Spink, Jason of Many Bows,
Ulrich of Carolingia, Martin, Greylond Aston each got at least one of them.
Of the 16 medallions awarded, Steppes archers got 7 of them!

Way to go guys! keep up the good work!

We will have practice next week, weather permitting. Immediately afterwards
is a birthday celebration for Lady Alienore which many of us will be
attending. Lady Alienore holds the nickname of Lady Alienore
Arrow-slayer.....one of those stories you would hear if you came out to
practice  ;) Come on out and join us next Sunday at Eastfield!

Lady Linet Grey

Archery Marshal
Barony of the Steppes

P.S. Thanks to everyone who helped today. My back and neck are feeling some
better so the extra help lifting and Francesa's massage really helped.